Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Am I in trouble??

Wow . Thanks to you all for the positive feedback and responses to my first attempt at the Blog.
Now I guess I`m supposed keep going.....
Alright then, let me get my Soap box.
Uhum....

The book, Anticancer by David Servan-Schreiber, M.D., Ph.D.

He also has some stuff on youtube and a Cancer beating web site. www.anticancerways.com

Tammy got it for me when we got the news. Its been a great help in making me change my outlook on many things as well as understanding a little better what I`m fighting, how to fight it and also for who.

Basically my first step were to make changes to my diet. Hello Skim and soy milk. Tofu is even on my shopping list, Ya really!!! I know, who knew? The banana stuff is pretty good too.
Lots of protein from nuts instead of red meat. ( that's a big adjustment) Very little processed meat now goes in this pie hole. Oh, and way less sugar too. Green tea as much as possible.
Although I must say, I love That Coffee shop That starts with a star and finishes with a buck but I could not drink the Green Tea latte . I drink alot less coffee now also.
The lost weight is a bonus, because my first thought was to improve the "terrain " where my fight is taking place.

Here is an exert from the Book: "If we all adopted this organic, balanced way of eating, we not only help our bodies detoxify but also help the planet recover its balance."

Now that may seem like a lofty goal, but if we all try to do some "preventative maintenance " to our bodies, odds are we may be around longer to enjoy this life and if you are as lucky as I am, the ones we love will have us with them longer also. And help mother Earth at the same time.
Makes sense in my head anyways.

Am I right? I don`t know yet , but for now I feel great and have learned to slow down and smell the flowers a little more. Even if means I have to get off my ATV to do it. ;-))
I don`t see myself as perfect, after all I did have a great weekend Playing in the Rockies on our ATVs with Jean, Kathy, Matt and Shaun. So ya I`m still burning some fossil fuels, but By putting less demand on the red meat industry, I feel I`m helping the earth a little more. Maybe I can explain that in the next post. I promise it won`t be 3 weeks.
BTW I`m not a vegetarian , just more picky now. But I don`t know whats gonna happen when I have a chance at Lorraine`s fabulous butter tarts. I think I`ll have to use it as "therapy". Ya that's it.....;-)

A plus tard mes ami.

2 comments:

  1. You and I were on the same thought track today blogging about eating better.

    Glad to hear about the positive changes you've made. I've tried tofu, but couldn't do it, so good for you.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very proud of you for taking control of what you can . And you make a mean cup of green tea, even if I do say so myself.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete