Since my last post.
Its been an interesting 10 days for sure. Surgery went ahead as scheduled last Tuesday. According to my surgeon, things went well and from what he could tell, every thing else looked normal in there, so now we just have to wait for some pathology results which should come in a few weeks. And then we see what challenges need to be faced if any.
My stay in the hospital was actually not to bad other than missing Tammy and the boys.
I very Grateful to all the staff at the Rockyview General Hospital take took part in my care.
Starting with Tammy who was nothing short of the best Partner I could ask for. Dr D. Metcalf and the operating team: Dr Pitka and nurse Veronica and many more who`s names I forgot.
Also the entire nursing and support staff of unit 71, including Mark, Brynn, Carroll, Diane ,Kara and also the night shift nurses who helped me through a wicked migraine on my first night.
A big MERCI to all friends and family who got get well messages to me through Email, phone calls Tammy`s Facebook, my Facebook and in person. Some from as far away as Scottland!!
Through some very good luck I was in a private room for both nights of my stay. I actually lied in bed awake in the morning for the first time in years and actually did not mind it. I was able to leave for home after 2 days rather than the normal 3 , which , funny enuff, I was a little nervous about. I wanted to be home but had come to realize this was a fairly major operation and felt a little nervous about not having all this world class medical help at the press of a button.
Its all good now. We still have a very good support system in Calgary. Tammy and the boys are amazing for me.I`m finding putting my body in a slower gear easier than I thought. I`m too damn scared to hurt it worse and then be in more trouble later I guess. But I don't want to be lazy.So for now I`m enjoying just hanging back in first gear. Actually paying attention to the birds that have taken residence in our yard and trying to learn about them with Matt and Shaun. Also going through some planning Ideas with Tammy regarding the next Garden projects after I`m well again.
As for what I did this past weekend,I enjoyed very much The Canadian GP yesterday. About time we have some real Racing in F1 on a consistent basis. Hats off to the Chicago Blackhawks. And now FIFA world cup soccer Time!! Go Go Deutschland!!!
Now I have to go warm up the Xbox.
Later....
Monday, June 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Go Go Deutschland!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad to see another Deutsch futbol fan!
Get well soon Pat, nothing will get you down!
We definitely have a fantastic support system . Thanks J & D for all the support at the hospital pre and post op ... Also A & C thanks to you.
ReplyDeletethanks to my sister who sent me texts just when I needed them. Thanks to everyone who forwarded their kind words of encouragement for Pat and myself. It was very much appreciated.
So glad to have Pat home with us and on his way to healthy.
Glad to hear it has been easy to slow down. It is so much better for your healing then going overboard.
ReplyDeletePractice up on that xbox. Darryl is looking forward to playing once you are feeling up to it.
Jenn