Hmmm. May 4th, that was a while ago. A few things have changed since then. Mainly for us, the date of my surgery was pushed back to June 8th from May 21st. After thinking about it I thought it was an OK thing. After all the original date was the Friday before the long weekend...
As someone once told me "don`t buy a car built on Friday or a Monday..."lol. So I hope Tuesday the 8th is a good choice.
I was just reviewing the robotic procedure I`m about to go through. I did find it reassuring.
I`m not sure If this is normal but the procedure I`m very comfortable with and confident about.
What I`m unsure of is the 2 to 3 days in the hospital. I`m a little worried I will be bored silly.
I`m sure the time off at home will be a great thing for my whole being. Docs say I can expect 4 to 6 weeks without being allowed to lift more than 10 pounds. The garden projects will have to wait. Good thing the soccer World cup will be on. I`ve decided , following Matts lead to choose Germany as my favorite. Matt chose Italy because certain man named Enzo is from there and Matt loves his cars. So me being a fan of Porches and Mercedes-Benz......
As for work, Today Friday the 4th was my last day. I`m very grateful for the bosses I`ve had over the last few years. They have allowed me to grow within the company and have supported me and my family during some tuff times . Thank you .
I was assured today that I will have a job when my recovery is complete. That is always good to hear from the brass. Means we may have a pergola in the garden by the fall after all. :-)
I had a meeting with my family doc last Monday. Had not seen him in a few months. He was very happy with my weight loss and overall health and feels I`m on the right track for a good recovery. Sure helps to hear that.
So hopefully I`ll be able to post an update in 10 days or so. I should be able to find the time I think..
So I leave with another quote from "Anticancer": "we can`t live healthy on a sick planet".
And here is a link that explains the procedure I will undergo.
http://www.cpcn.org/arch_0054_robotic.htm
A plus tard.
Patou
Friday, June 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We will be sure to come and keep you company a bit in hospital and at home.
ReplyDeleteJenn
George and I wish you all the best. You have done an amazing job of preparing for your surgery. Well stop by for s visit when you are home. I myself will be rooting for the Netherlands. If you or Tammy need anything be sure to ask.
ReplyDeleteGood luck
make sure you have a cookie available cause Jenn will bring the cookie monsters
ReplyDelete